Friday, June 21, 2013

Sometimes Elote Happens

I am not fun to be around when I haven't eaten. I get grumpy and a little overly aggressive.

That was the case today. I was headed out to canvass by the old airport on Kearney. Jackki stayed home, she was safe. It was a genuinely beautiful day and this area on Kearney is packed with beautiful trees. But I didn't care about blue skies or any fucking trees.

I felt like crap and I wasn't looking forward to knocking on the next door, let alone sixty more. But oh say did you hear? That majestic honking? I didn't lift my head to see, I didn't have that much hope yet. My eyes looked up slowly, seeing road and sidewalks, but then... then they saw the Elote Man. Honking his horn, peddling his food bike. I felt blood rush into my cheeks. I felt my lips pull back and my cheeks met my eyes. I was smiling.

Gods gift.
Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment