Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Green Thumb Has Hulk Veins

I know what you're thinkin'. That's one handsome basil plant.

Meet my basil plant, folks.

I call him Herby.

I saved this little dude from the clearance section at Fresh n' Easy for a cool $0.75, he was limp, parched, and fading. I didn't take any pictures then, but I assure you, it wasn't pretty. Buuuut once I stuck him in a mug with a little water, and presented him with a little sunlight he perked right up.

But a mug is no kind of home for a plant. I know this, Jackki knew this. So today she surprised me with a bag of potting soil and a sweet new planter pot. 

By the way folks, today's lesson is this. Even if it sounds like a really good idea, don't replant stuff at the kitchen table. Potting soil... potting soil everywhere.

So Herby's got the room he needs for root growth, and I've got a fresh source of basil for my marinara sauce.



Sweet dimebag, Breh.



After I got Herby potted and watered, I did a little harvesting.

See? Symbiotic relationships are are cool, my dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment